The Benevolent Overlord

Welcome to my humble and zenfull blog...

It's Pink!!!!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Alumni Scholarship Essay

Alan Franklin
Mrs. Boresen
Per. 04/Expository Writing
Alumni Scholarship
12 January 2010

As a plant lover, I wish to pursue an extensive study in the field of Botany. I also wish to later, own my own greenhouse, work as a bioengineer, and own my own home. To achieve these goals I plan to go to college and get a Master’s in Botany. Getting to that point will only happen if I first go to community college, earn an Associate’s in Science, and then finishing in a University with a Bachelor’s in Botany, before moving on to my Master’s. I then must find a good paying job with my botanical education and earn enough money to own a greenhouse and a home.

The financial struggles that have consistently plagued my family have left me incapable of paying for college myself. I am expecting no financial aid to come from my parents, seeing as what little income they have they must put towards supporting the rest of my large family, and finding a job in my small town has proved futile. So I must ask the school for their support in my endeavor by awarding me the RHS Alumni Scholarship.

If I am awarded this scholarship I plan to do my best in my field and one day mentor later graduates of RHS who wish to continue their education.

1 comment:

Mrs. Boresen said...

Oh honey, You broke the using a topic sentence rule. THis essay doens't have any of your character at all. I know that you started from scratch, but you lost your voice with this one. You can still put in a flare with answering the prompt.

Grade: 37/50